Jessica Mashburn exemplifies what it means to make a living in the gig economy — or maybe, more to the point, musicians are the ultimate entrepreneurs, as Editor-in-Chief Brian Clarey shows in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• Editorial: Sen. Thom Tillis takes a stand
• Unsolicited Endorsement: Cone Health
• Unpopular opinion: ‘Chewing Gum’ Is a hidden gem
• Editor’s Notebook: Kevin Coon was made of gold
• Citizen Green: Why Charlottesville matters
• Sportsball: Poetry basketball assists kids through haikus and hoops
• Triaditude: My practical, attainable bucket list
• Barstool: Clowns rule at Gatsby’s Pub
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Thursday with links to stories in that week’s paper.