Jessica Mashburn exemplifies what it means to make a living in the gig economy — or maybe, more to the point, musicians are the ultimate entrepreneurs, as Editor-in-Chief Brian Clarey shows in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• Editorial: Sen. Thom Tillis takes a stand
• Unsolicited Endorsement: Cone Health
• Unpopular opinion: ‘Chewing Gum’ Is a hidden gem
• Editor’s Notebook: Kevin Coon was made of gold
• Citizen Green: Why Charlottesville matters
• Sportsball: Poetry basketball assists kids through haikus and hoops
• Triaditude: My practical, attainable bucket list
• Barstool: Clowns rule at Gatsby’s Pub
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Thursday with links to stories in that week’s paper.
Join the First Amendment Society, a membership that goes directly to funding TCB‘s newsroom.
We believe that reporting can save the world.
The TCB First Amendment Society recognizes the vital role of a free, unfettered press with a bundling of local experiences designed to build community, and unique engagements with our newsroom that will help you understand, and shape, local journalism’s critical role in uplifting the people in our cities.
All revenue goes directly into the newsroom as reporters’ salaries and freelance commissions.