300 S. Elm St., which occupies a key corner of downtown Greensboro, has remained mostly vacant for much of the time the Gray family has owned it, but significant investment in the block has ratcheted up the pressure for the owners to renovate or sell, as Senior Editor Jordan Green explains in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• High Point Journal: Reaction to police-community dialogue preceded director’s firing
• Editorial: Ain’t nobody got time for that
• It Just Might Work: A gigantic squirt-gun fight
• Fresh Eyes: Not quite a single mom
• Editor’s Notebook: Whispers from the old neighborhood
• Citizen Green: Black and blue lives in our fragile
• Fun & Games: Masters of empty halls
• All She Wrote: Blame it on Rio
• Barstool: Cocktails by the liter
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every week with links to stories in that week’s paper.