Executive Editor Brian Clarey tells the story of the new labor documentary Union Time: Fighting for Workers’ Rights, whose making was almost as long in coming as the struggle by the workers at Smithfield’s Tar Heal hog processing plant to organize the union. Read about it in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• Editorial: Islamophobe defenders twisting in the wind
• It Just Might Work: Flat-Earth Truthers
• Trump’s America: Milo Yiannopoulos
• Editor’s Notebook: Three years in
• Citizen Green: Sen. Burr: Patriot or partisan?
• Sportsball: ‘The Saucy Seven’ take the state
• Triaditude Adjustment: You’re a pal and a confidante
• Barstool: Foothills Craft Happiness IPAs inspire change
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to stories in that week’s paper.
Join the First Amendment Society, a membership that goes directly to funding TCB‘s newsroom.
We believe that reporting can save the world.
The TCB First Amendment Society recognizes the vital role of a free, unfettered press with a bundling of local experiences designed to build community, and unique engagements with our newsroom that will help you understand, and shape, local journalism’s critical role in uplifting the people in our cities.
All revenue goes directly into the newsroom as reporters’ salaries and freelance commissions.