Barry Yeoman traces the 30 years of history that have converged with the passage of HB 2, the law that thrust North Carolina into the center of America’s culture wars, in this week’s cover story, jointly published by Triad City Beat and Indy Week.
• Editorial: Calling all heroes
• It Just Might Work: A ramen joint in the Triad
• Fresh Eyes: Thank you, police
• Editor’s Notebook: Life by the drop
• Citizen Green: The case for boycotting North Carolina
• Fun & Games: Hot streak, summer in the city
• All She Wrote: North Carolina — The Musical
• Barstool: Joymongers brewery opens
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every week with links to stories in that week’s paper. Get it in your inbox.
Join the First Amendment Society, a membership that goes directly to funding TCB‘s newsroom.
We believe that reporting can save the world.
The TCB First Amendment Society recognizes the vital role of a free, unfettered press with a bundling of local experiences designed to build community, and unique engagements with our newsroom that will help you understand, and shape, local journalism’s critical role in uplifting the people in our cities.
All revenue goes directly into the newsroom as reporters’ salaries and freelance commissions.