The staff at Triad City Beat runs the highlight reel for the 2016 short session of the North Carolina General Assembly — including who’s controlling the ball, what the plays are, who’s racking up points and who’s fouling — in this week’s cover story.
• High Point Journal: Backlash to racism discussion preceded department’s head’s firing
• Editorial: Locavore politics
• It Just Might Work: Mandatory inclusionary zoning
• Fresh Eyes: Attempted coup puts progressives in a bind
• Editor’s Notebook: Upwards and onwards
• Citizen Green: Reaching Trump’s angry, disenfranchised based
• Fun & Games: NBA 1, North Carolina 2
• All She Wrote: Real housewives of Pennsylvania Avenue
• Food: How Slappy’s Chicken stacks up
• Barstool: Brunch at 1618 Downtown
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to that week’s stories.