The staff at Triad City Beat runs the highlight reel for the 2016 short session of the North Carolina General Assembly — including who’s controlling the ball, what the plays are, who’s racking up points and who’s fouling — in this week’s cover story.
• High Point Journal: Backlash to racism discussion preceded department’s head’s firing
• Editorial: Locavore politics
• It Just Might Work: Mandatory inclusionary zoning
• Fresh Eyes: Attempted coup puts progressives in a bind
• Editor’s Notebook: Upwards and onwards
• Citizen Green: Reaching Trump’s angry, disenfranchised based
• Fun & Games: NBA 1, North Carolina 2
• All She Wrote: Real housewives of Pennsylvania Avenue
• Food: How Slappy’s Chicken stacks up
• Barstool: Brunch at 1618 Downtown
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to that week’s stories.
Join the First Amendment Society, a membership that goes directly to funding TCB‘s newsroom.
We believe that reporting can save the world.
The TCB First Amendment Society recognizes the vital role of a free, unfettered press with a bundling of local experiences designed to build community, and unique engagements with our newsroom that will help you understand, and shape, local journalism’s critical role in uplifting the people in our cities.
All revenue goes directly into the newsroom as reporters’ salaries and freelance commissions.