Jonathan Michels chronicles the awkward birth of Winston-Salem’s first needle exchange and how it’s helping bring opioid addicts out of the shadows in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• Editorial: Russian to judgment
• It Just Might Work: Calling for a dwarf season
• Editor’s Notebook: I need (to be) a hero
• Citizen Green: A Muslim-Catholic encounter in Clemmons
• Sportsball: Measuring baseball tradition during a Wake Forest win
• Triaditude Adjustment: ‘I need that record, I need it now, now, now’
• Barstool: Your personal bartender at Table 16
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to stories in that week’s issue.
Join the First Amendment Society, a membership that goes directly to funding TCB‘s newsroom.
We believe that reporting can save the world.
The TCB First Amendment Society recognizes the vital role of a free, unfettered press with a bundling of local experiences designed to build community, and unique engagements with our newsroom that will help you understand, and shape, local journalism’s critical role in uplifting the people in our cities.
All revenue goes directly into the newsroom as reporters’ salaries and freelance commissions.