Like hip hop, the birth of the video game can be traced to the ’70s, and the genre reached its golden age in the late ’80s and early ’90s. Editor-in-Chief Brian Clarey, aka the Original Gamer, was there, as he explains in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• Editorial: The Affordable Care Act, by any other name
• Trump’s America: Gorsuch’s confirmation hearing
• Editor’s Notebook: At UNCG vs Syracuse, Pretty Ricky has his moment
• Citizen Green: Trump’s lies are beginning to catch up with him
• Sportsball: ‘Blue-collar hockey’ returns to the Triad
• Triaditude Adjustment: Spring cleaning with Poshmark for fun and profit
• Barstool: House Divided bridges groups, fan loyalties
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to stories in that week’s paper.