Blade Properties III LLC, a company formed by a group of wealthy Irving Park investors, bought up dozens of low-income rental properties in Greensboro before the housing crash. Whether they’ve under-invested in the properties and dragged down neighboring values is debatable, and so far they don’t appear to have made much money, but they’re in a position to cash out through NC A&T University’s expansion. Senior Editor Jordan Green gets into the weeds in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• Editorial: Billboard or propaganda?
• Editor’s Notebook: Lint and more, clogging the system
• Citizen Green: Terror and identity in the age of Trump
• Sportsball: The Triad College basketball tournament roundup
• Triaditude Adjustment: ‘Mostly because her name was squeaky’
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every weeks with links to stories in that week’s paper.