In a region chock full of universities, the awesome factor of commencement speakers is one way to sort the institutions out. Executive Editor Brian Clarey sorts it all out in this week’s Triad City Beat This Week cover story.
• Editorial: Police videos are always in the public interest
• It Just Might Work: The early rock show
• Editor’s Notebook: Chris Flathers: The fastest hands in Greensboro
• Citizen Green: Rural resistance, or ‘red’ doesn’t only mean GOP
• Sportsball: A Deacon golf roundup as teams head to NCAA regionals
• Triaditude: The beauty, frustration and pretension of art
• Barstool: Two local distilleries bring home gold
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to stories in that week’s paper.
Join the First Amendment Society, a membership that goes directly to funding TCB‘s newsroom.
We believe that reporting can save the world.
The TCB First Amendment Society recognizes the vital role of a free, unfettered press with a bundling of local experiences designed to build community, and unique engagements with our newsroom that will help you understand, and shape, local journalism’s critical role in uplifting the people in our cities.
All revenue goes directly into the newsroom as reporters’ salaries and freelance commissions.