Triad investigative journalism legend Phoebe Zerwick broke the story on Darryl Hunt, a Winston-Salem man who was wrongfully convicted of murder, back in 2004. Now a professor at Wake Forest University, Zerwick explores the personal turmoil that led Hunt to take his own life last year in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• Editorial: NC’s voter ID bill is a flat circle
• Trump’s America: An assault on the Census
• Editor’s Notebook: Running game on the ‘rental units
• Citizen Green: Commissioners say police accountability is broken
• Sportsball: Girls on Fire engages in a sport for the mind
• Triaditude Adjustment: As prolific as an aphid colony
• Barstool: NC liquor’s strained history in ‘Still & Barrel’
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to stories in that week’s paper.
Join the First Amendment Society, a membership that goes directly to funding TCB‘s newsroom.
We believe that reporting can save the world.
The TCB First Amendment Society recognizes the vital role of a free, unfettered press with a bundling of local experiences designed to build community, and unique engagements with our newsroom that will help you understand, and shape, local journalism’s critical role in uplifting the people in our cities.
All revenue goes directly into the newsroom as reporters’ salaries and freelance commissions.