Triad investigative journalism legend Phoebe Zerwick broke the story on Darryl Hunt, a Winston-Salem man who was wrongfully convicted of murder, back in 2004. Now a professor at Wake Forest University, Zerwick explores the personal turmoil that led Hunt to take his own life last year in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• Editorial: NC’s voter ID bill is a flat circle
• Trump’s America: An assault on the Census
• Editor’s Notebook: Running game on the ‘rental units
• Citizen Green: Commissioners say police accountability is broken
• Sportsball: Girls on Fire engages in a sport for the mind
• Triaditude Adjustment: As prolific as an aphid colony
• Barstool: NC liquor’s strained history in ‘Still & Barrel’
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to stories in that week’s paper.