Disgusted with both candidates, voters in North Carolina and across the country’s went with the lesser of two evils — Donald Trump. But while North Carolina moved to the right, Guilford and Forsyth counties ticked slightly to the left. Read more about those and other observations in Senior Editor Jordan Green’s election postmortem in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• Editorial: Moving the goal posts on the NC Supreme Court
• It Just Might Work: Fighting against fake news
• Editor’s Notebook: From inside the bubble
• Citizen Green: GOP revelers and the forgotten press corps
• Sportsball: Swarm stung by Mad Ants in inaugural match
• Triaditude Adjustment: The stars still look very different today
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to stories in that week’s paper.