The most insane election any of us can remember is in the books now (we hope), and it’s a good time to take stock of the fact that most of our lives don’t revolve around the question of who occupies the White House. The people who make America great are the unsung heroes — extraordinary people like Ralph Speas, whose fascinating life is chronicled by Editor in Chief Brian Clarey in this week’s Triad City Beat feature story.
• Editorial: What comes next for the GOP
• It Just Might Work: End loose-leaf pickup
• Editor’s Notebook: On election eve, considering the source
• Citizen Green: A black history that demands engagement
• Sportsball: Stingers for the Swarm
• Triaditude Adjustment: Mean girls suck
• Barstool: Last call
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to stories in that week’s paper.
Join the First Amendment Society, a membership that goes directly to funding TCB‘s newsroom.
We believe that reporting can save the world.
The TCB First Amendment Society recognizes the vital role of a free, unfettered press with a bundling of local experiences designed to build community, and unique engagements with our newsroom that will help you understand, and shape, local journalism’s critical role in uplifting the people in our cities.
All revenue goes directly into the newsroom as reporters’ salaries and freelance commissions.