As Saddam Hussein might have said, this is the mother of all elections. It’s not just the presidential election: For the first time since 2008, there’s also a governor’s race and a US Senate race on the ballot — and they’re all razor thin. Our editors have compiled a comprehensive guide to everything on the ballot, from Clinton v. Trump all the way down to local bond referenda for the this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• Editorial: 2016 election tears at NC’s seams
• Fresh Eyes: Lessons from knocking on thousands of doors
• Editor’s Notebook: Farewell Crews
• Citizen Green: On tour, Jordan Davis’ mom defends Clinton’s record
• Sportsball: Go! Cubs! Go!
• Triaditude Adjustment: Adele, heartbreak and things worse than breaking up
• Barstool: A peek inside the police club
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to stories in that week’s paper.
Join the First Amendment Society, a membership that goes directly to funding TCB‘s newsroom.
We believe that reporting can save the world.
The TCB First Amendment Society recognizes the vital role of a free, unfettered press with a bundling of local experiences designed to build community, and unique engagements with our newsroom that will help you understand, and shape, local journalism’s critical role in uplifting the people in our cities.
All revenue goes directly into the newsroom as reporters’ salaries and freelance commissions.