Editor in Chief Brian Clarey chases down the story of the last recorded lynch mob in Forsyth County in 1918, only weeks after the end of World War I, and the spotty performance of the local newspapers that wrote the first draft of history in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• Editorial: Voting while black
• Fresh Eyes: Victoria’s overdose
• Editor’s Notebook: NCAA boycott hits North Carolina where we live
• Citizen Green: Sept. 11: What changed and what stayed the same
• Fun & Games: Where football is church
• All She Wrote: A field guide to the folk festival
• Barstool: The emergence of Pinky’s Pub
Triad City Beat This Week comes out ever Wednesday with links to stories in that week’s paper.