Hip hop is folk folk music and Grandmaster Flash is a founding father of the genre. This, and more in Triad City Beat‘s guide to the National Folk Festival, which jumps off in Greensboro this weekend.
• Editorial: Insane clown posse
• It Just Might Work: Marty Kotis’ big switch
• Editor’s Notebook: A labor of love
• Citizen Green: The soul of the movement fills the civil rights museum
• Fun & Games: Guilford College football’s blowout
• All She Wrote: Mother’s finest — revisited
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to stories in that week’s paper.
Join the First Amendment Society, a membership that goes directly to funding TCB‘s newsroom.
We believe that reporting can save the world.
The TCB First Amendment Society recognizes the vital role of a free, unfettered press with a bundling of local experiences designed to build community, and unique engagements with our newsroom that will help you understand, and shape, local journalism’s critical role in uplifting the people in our cities.
All revenue goes directly into the newsroom as reporters’ salaries and freelance commissions.