Your best bet for this evening — head to UNCG.
- The sustainability film series at the Weatherspoon Art Museum is screening If You Build It, a documentary about a high school program design and building program in Bertie County, NC. The film will be shown at 6:30 p.m.
- And at 7:30 p.m. tonight, a performance of This by Melissa James Gibson at the Brown Building Theatre. It’s opening night and will go for the next few days. The description: “Jane, a promising poet without a muse and a single mother without lessons to pass along, finds her dating life is a shambles. Her helpful friends are only making things more complicated as they take uncertain steps into middle age.”
- Believe it or not, there’s more. Students are holding a workshop on “dispelling the real myths” of UNCG’s budget crisis at 7 p.m.
- In Winston-Salem, the New York and Winston-Salem-based dancers of Helen Simoneau Danse perform the company’s fourth annual season at the Hanesbrands Theatre tonight and tomorrow. Featuring the crowd-favorite music of Johann Sebastian Bach, in collaboration with the Mallarmé Chamber Players.
- There’s also a “Hypepipe Citywide Spelling Bea (Arthur)” at Scuppernong Books. in Greensboro at 7 p.m.