The Weatherspoon Art Museum at UNCG hosts an a capella performance by the Women’s Glee Club at 6 p.m, followed by a film at 6:30 p.m. (all free).
The creators of Baraka bring you Samsara:
“Through powerful, beautiful and brutal images, the film illuminates the links between humanity and the rest of nature, showing how our life cycle mirrors the rhythm of the planet.”
- Oh, and famous poet Nikki Giovanni is speaking at UNCG at 8 p.m. That’s where I’ll be.
- [Out of] Touch: Women in Media, a conversation as part of a larger series about “the female experience,” is tonight at the Green Bean (in Greensboro) at 7 p.m.
- Tonight at 7:30 pm, there will be a discussion of this painting and others in the exhibition at the Guilford College Art Gallery (in the library). The event will also “discuss the role of feminism and the Women’s Studies program” and in artist Adele Wayman’s art and teaching.
- Touring Theatre presents “Over the Edge,” a series of four pieces adapted from Triad authors, at Mack and Mack in Greensboro.
- Plus, two shows: The Deluge at the Blind Tiger and Totally Slow at Hippo Records.