Sometimes the best gift is a little self-indulgence. Massages, skin treatments, manicures, hair care and other personal luxuries offer a way to decompress after a busy holiday season. There are more than 100 locally owned salons and spas in the Triad. Here are a few of our editors’ suggestions.
- Chakras Salon & Spa, 229 S. Elm St., chakrasspa.com
Spa offerings include massage, mani/pedi, facials, waxing and any combination in a package.
- Grandover Resort, 1000 Club Road, grandover.com
At the luxury resort, overnight spa packages come with a room and a round of golf. Day packages include massage with volcanic stones.
- Progressions Salon & Spa, 2008 New Garden Road, progressionssalonandspa .com
The usual slate of deep-tissue, hot stone, sports and prenatal massage are complemented by a menu of men’s treatments (back facial!), bride and groom care and day packages that start at around $100.
- Allure Salon & Day Spa, 420 Jonestown Road, alluredayspa.net
All the basic hair, nail skin and massage treatments with combination packages.
- The Breathing Room, 918 Bridge St. NW, thebreathingroomws.org
Traditional massage and yoga gives way to intuitive tarot and astrological readings, oil therapy, reiki, life coaching, music therapy and music lessons.
- Glass Door Salon & Spa, 460 N. Cherry St., glassdoorsalon.com
Beyond massage and facials, Glass Door has a line of body wraps that include green coffee (for cellulite), Moor mud (healing with micronutrients) and seaweed (detox).
- Lamberti’s Salon & Spa, 50 Miller St., lambertis.net
The home of the pumpkin scrub manicure.
- Ma’ati Spa, 707 N. Main St., maatispa.com
Spa services with a holistic bent, Ma’ati offers hypnotherapy, yoni steam and reiki along with more traditional services.
- Avantí Salon & Spa, 379 Samet Drive, High Point avantisalonandspa.com
Massages include hot stone, prenatal and hydrotherapy, an intense underwater massage, as well as reflexology for the feet and aromatherapy for the senses.
- Chevalrie Salon & Spa, 3710 N. Main St., chevalriesalon
This Aveda salon offers wine and hors d’oeuvres with all spa packages.
- Paul Anthony for Men, 3793 Samet Drive, paulanthonyformen.com
A “barber spa” strictly for men, Paul Anthony may be the only salon in the Triad offering straight-razor shaves, with hot towels.