We’re fast approaching Election Day in a midterm with contours similar to 2010. That was the last time a US Senate race was at the top of the ballot in North Carolina. But the terrain is different this year. Triad City Beat’s Election Guide features stories on the US Senate race between Kay Hagan and Thom Tillis, the 6th Congressional District contest between Mark Walker and Laura Fjeld and the High Point City Council, with a rundown of a whole lot of other important races and ballot initiatives. Early voting begins on Thursday. Go vote!
• Editorial: Ebola surprise
• It Just Might Work: Camino corner takeover
• Fresh Eyes: From a station wagon, newfound hope
• Editor’s Notebook: A sudden retirement plan
• Exile on Jones Street: Welcome to the machine
• Citizen Green: The least urban, most urban city in North Carolina
• Good Sport: Quakers tell the truth in conference win
• All She Wrote: Haute High Point
• Food: Chocolate as the second act
• Barstool: XII Tribes Brewing
• Stage & Screen: Parker and Stone’s early work fills gory niche
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday morning with links to stories in that day’s paper. Get it delivered directly to your inbox by clicking here.